In this big, unique, robust ensemble piece, Milly wanders into an old house in Terre Haute in a rainstorm and stumbles into the nightmares of Mrs Sarcey, formerly the Madam of one of Terre Haute's best whore houses. Each night the ghosts of a variety of former inhabitants of the house gather to help re-live each other's nightmares, in the hope of somehow getting them to come out differently so they can be released from the strange purgatory they're in. Milly herself gets pulled into these layered dramatic nightmares until she's not entirely sure just who she is. The stories intertwine to move each to its own tragic conclusion in a powerful and funny exploration of time, desire and betrayal. A wonderfully challenging and highly theatrical tour de force for an adventurous ensemble of actors.
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: 1980s, 1930s, 1920s, 1910s / WWI, 1900-1910
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
First produced at indiana State University in Terre Haute in 1982.