Juniper is a thirteen-year-old South African girl who has just moved to America and is homesick for the country she left behind. She quickly meets Matt; a drum-playing, yarmulke-wearing kid from school and the two hit it off. When Juniper's innocent sexual encounters with Matt begin to trigger certain memories from her forgotten childhood in Sudan, Juniper is forced to come head to head with the ghosts of her past.
- Winner! Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Present Day, the United States.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
CARL - An Afrikaner. 40’s. A Médecins Sans Frontières. Juniper’s adopted father.
DEENA - A White American. 40’s. Juniper’s adopted mother.
MATT - A Jewish American. Early Teens. Wears a yarmulke throughout the play.
DOCTOR - A White American female. Young. Blonde.
CHORUS - African women. Juniper’s fear manifested in sound and dance.
- Ensemble cast
- Features Teens
- Multicultural casting
There is an additional female chorus of African Women.