This extraordinary trilogy of short plays includes South of Tomorrow, Nijinsky Choked His Chicken, and Poppa Dio!.
FEE: $75 per performance.
- Reinaldo Povod is the 1987 recipient of the Whiting Award for Drama.
"Vivid! Povod's talent glistens." - New York Post
"Marvelous. Povod is an artist. In the lowest misery, he sees hope and human possibility everywhere." - The Village Voice
"A raw-edged knockout." - United Press International
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Setting: South of Tomorrow: A shooting gallery; the fall of 1978.
Nijinsky Choked His Chicken: Apartment in the South Bronx; summertime.
Poppa Dio!: Kitchen in the South Bronx; autumn.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Prologue & Epilogue
PAPO: 20s; Hispanic; lean and handome; walks with a limp; boyish charm.
South of Tomorrow
ALLEY BOY: A 17 year old hispanic.
RANDY: A black man in his mid-30s.
Nijinsky Choked His Chicken
RAISIN: 12 year old boy; sturdy and handsome.
CHINO: Late 20s; Hispanic; sharp, distinct speech with a quick and virile mind.
ANGELO: Mid-30s; Hispanic; tall, restless abnd commanding.
MAFIA: 50 years old; mother of Angelo; young, eager, and well built; from Puerto Rico.
- Ensemble cast
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Multicultural casting
- Roles for Children
Off-stage voices required.