The Tiger and the Pussycat
by Bill Majeski
Short Play / 9m, 5f
The Lady or the Tiger is a classic story by Frank Stanton about the fate of the knight smitten with the king's daughter. Did she indicate the door that would lead him into the tiger's lair and death? This play follows the knight into the arena on that fateful day and tells the real story-- was it the lady…
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Greek; Roman & Biblical
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Tiger Stadium, Lancelot's Living Room, and the garden
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ANNOUNCER- Strong voice and not seen on stage.
KING BONWIT- The ruler of the land. Haughty, imperious, and about fifty years old.
PRINCESS EVALINE- His beautiful beaughter, in her early twenties.
STUMP- The king's lackey.
LANCELOT- The handsome courtier who loves Evaline.
TWO ATTENDANTS- Both men who have comic attitudes.
MAZIE- Brassy, gum-chewing girl. Attractive and tough.
PARSON- Dignified man who performs ceremony.
TWO BRIDESMAIDS- Two young women.
TWO GUARDS- Burly guardians of the princess.
MOTHER- Mazie's mom