Getting Up the Rent
by Eric Monte
Short Play, Comedy / 7m, 3f
Upon recieving an eviction notice, the members of the Evans family try to gather up the seventy four dollars they need to pay their rent. While JJ and Florida try to get the money honestly, James puts on his hustler hat and heads to the local pool hall. When he comes home with wads of cash, Florida believes their newfound wealth to be a miracle- and James doesn’t have the heart to break the news of how he got it.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1970s
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: The home of the Evans family.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
TOM (MOVING MAN)
EDDIE (MOVING MAN)
- Room for Extras
Getting Up the Rent was originally presented on February 8th, 1974, as an episode of the "Good Times" series on CBS Television Network.