Short Play, Drama / 3m, 4f
In the 1930's, the Federal Writer's Project of the Works Progress Administration, under the order of President Roosevelt, devoted itself to interviewing former slaves who were then in their eighties, nineties and even older. These are some of their first hand narratives.
- WINNER! 2002 KCACTF John Cauble Short Play Award!
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
This title is currently unavailable for licensing in the United States and Canada. Please contact your representative to note interest for future seasons.
- Time Period: 1930s, American Civil War Era, 19th Century
- Setting: A slavery auction block
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
MARY A. BELL
- Role(s) for Black Actor(s)
Slavery premiered at Santa Monica College in November 2001 under the direction of Jonathan Payne.