White Suits in Summer
Full Length Play, Comedy / 2m, 2f
This contemporary Southern romance set in the topsy-turvy world of art. Celebrity artist Susann is determined to reclaim her lost love, Blaise, now married to a sedate New Orleans socialite.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A mansion on Exposition Boulevard, New Orleans. We are in a big, finely-proportioned parlor with a high ceiling, Orientals, a crystal chandelier. The atmosphere is that of a grand sanctuary,where the landowner can view Audubon Park as a superior. Floor to-ceiling windows, sometimes used as entrances, open onto a gallery overlooking a wide lawn, which tumbles onto Audubon Park. During the daytime one has the feeling of a semi-tropical park, and at night of an oak garden, which climbs into the stars.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
BLAISE SALATICH - 28; a handsome, out-of-work actor.
LUCILLE - 38; his serious wife; an art critic.
SUSANNE DUPRE - 28; his ex-lover; a famous painter.
TED CLAPPER - 26; her frustrated manager.
OFFSTAGE VOICES of priests, nurse, and a cop.
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Offstage voices of priests, nurse, and a cop.
White Suits in Summer premiered at the Westchester Collaborative Theatre in New York after being awarded the Invitational Staging Award.