"A triumph! An adventurous, arresting new play!" - The New York Times
"An original and inventive theatrical experience...brilliantly written and staged!" - The Associated Press
"Magnificent!" - Time Out New York
"What a remarkable new voice!" - Newsday
"God's Ear packs a wallop! An intriguing, haunting and moving play." - Backstage
- Intense Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission, Play w/ Music, Special Effects
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
TED – Mel's husband
LANIE – Mel and Ted's six year old daughter
LENORA – a lady at a lounge
GUY – a guy at a bar
- Ensemble cast
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Features Children
- Flexible casting
GI JOE and FLIGHT ATTENDANT are played by the same actor.
Music Material Rental Packages
All necessary music materials can be found at the back of the acting edition.
God's Ear had its world premiere in a New Georges (Susan Bernfield, Artistic Director) production in New York City, 2007.
God's Ear was developed at the Vineyard Theatre (Douglas Aibel, Artistic Director) and produced by the Vineyard Theatre, in association with New Georges, in New York City, 2008.