"Double over with laughter funny." - WSTV/WRKY
"Take a couple of stodgy academics, add one pseudo-academic/wild child and one down-to-earth--or maybe "earthy" is the better description--topless dancer, and you have the makings of a hilarious little comedy called "Academia Nuts." - Jennifer Brummett, Advocate Messenger
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The set is the living room in Professor Peter Smedforson's nineteenth century house. Once elegant, it is now cluttered with professorial accumulations--statues, notebooks, paintings, file cabinets, and books--plenty of books; some on shelves, some in stac
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
JUDITH PIXNER – An up-and-coming literary scholar. Prim, proper, and poised for the academic brass ring.
STEWART – Judith’s ex-husband. A man exploring the outer reaches of shamlessness.
PETER SMEDFORSON – Well-established, highly published college professor. Strong on twentieth century American poetry, weak on real life.
- Non-Traditional casting
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
The age of the cast can be anywhere from late twenties to late forties. Tammi is a down-on-her-luck party girl from Atlantic City, Judith is a prim and proper scholar, Stewart is a desperate striver after academic glory, and Peter has let his obsession fo
Academia Nuts first premiered on July 28, 1994 at the Brooke Hill’s Playhouse in Wellsburg, West Virgina under the direction of Gregg Kreutz.