by Larry Gelbart
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 1f
This biting December-December-December romance is a not-to-be-missed romantic comedy.
- WINNER! The Selma Melvoin Playwriting Award, given by Northlight Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
"Better Late is part a damn-it-all, Mel Brooks-like feast of sardonic one-liners in denial, and part a sad and caustic plea for marital compassion that could have been penned by an octogenarian Woody Allen, guiltily regretting one of his failed relationships." - Chicago Tribune
"A breezy entertainment on serious themes, Larry Gelbart's Better Late explores love, divorce, aging and death with a mature sensibility and a decidedly mainstream comedic tone...always diverting and admirably unsentimental." - Variety, Read More
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Optional Music/Media Fee: $15 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, CA.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
NORA BAER - Four years older than Lee, his dynamic wife.
BILLY COWAN - 32. Still a child of divorce.
JULIAN COWAN - 73. Not one for going gently into the night.
- Parts for Senior Actors
Better Late premiered at the Northlight Theater in Skokie, IL in April 2008 under the direction of BJ Jones.