by Justin G. Turner, Linda Levitt Turner, Jerome Kilty
Full Length Play, Drama / 2f
Geraldine Page and Maya Angelou took the leading roles on Broadway in Look Away, a compelling theatrical duet set in an insane asylum on Mrs. Lincoln's last night of residence, imagining she is once more at home in the White House and that her seamstress is with her. Elizabeth Keckley, who…
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Victorian (British and American), 19th Century
- Setting: The Bellevue Hospital for Insane Persons, Batavia, Illinois during the last night of Mary Lincoln's stay there. June 14, 1875. Ten years after President Lincoln's assassination and the night before the sanity hearing which was to judge Mrs. Lincoln "returned to reason." The play takes place during the course of that one night.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ELIZABETH KECKLEY - a black woman, indomitable, an ex-slave. She is of an indeterminate middle age.
- All Female