Marriage Can Be Hazardous to Your Health
by Arnold Kane
Full Length Play, Comedy / 2m, 3f
When Eddie's mid life crisis hits, he escapes from his picture perfect family and establishes a swinging bachelor's pad in New York City. This uproarious comedy about relationships new and old touches anyone who has ever fought and forgiven.
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Setting: The play takes place in Eddie Walker's Manhattan apartment. The time is now.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
EDDIE WALKER - 40s; a tevelsion commercial producer. Hyper and vain, but still a well-meaning and good-natured man/boy. (Think: Billy Crystal.)
CINDY SMITH - Early 20s; Eddie's gorgeous live-in girlfriend. They met on an infomercial Eddie was producing. She is no airhead. (Think: Cameron Diaz.)
ROGER BILLINGSLEY - Eddie's best friend and lawyer. Overweight and balding; he's extremely nervous about everything. (Think: Jason Alexander.)
DIANA WALKER - Late 30s; Eddie's ex-wife; very intelligent. (Think: Joan Allen.)
MRS. VALDEZ is a non-speaking role.