Invitation to a Murder
by Rufus King
Full Length Play, Drama / 8m, 3f
Against the background of a centuries old estate on the coast of Southern California, Lorinda Channing, the current head of a great American family, plots the perfect crime. Believing that one of her three heirs is attempting to murder her, she evolves a trap which requires the cooperation of a weak…
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1930s
- Setting: The Great Hall of the Channing estate on the coast of Southern California.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ESTELLE CHANNING - about 20. A beautiful young girl, ingenous and sincere.
HORATIO CHANNING - about 35. A sinister person. Although a gentleman, he gives the impression that he is capable of anything in the line of larceny or crime.
MARTIN - a perfect servant of about 40 who moves noiselessly about the room and performs his duties with all the ease of the old family retainer.
PEDRO - a swarthy young Latin man of about 25.
PETER THORNE - a brisk, successful lawyer of about 30 with a lawyer's well-ordered mind.
LORINDA CHANNING - a tall, dignified woman of about 35 or 40 years of age. She has a compelling and hypnotic personality.
DOCTOR LINTON - about 35. A mediocre practitioner. He has none of the coolness of the successful physician, but on the contrary he is sensitive, sympathetic and not a little neurotic.
DETECTIVE SERGEANT SELBRIDGE
STATE TROOPERS, POLICE OFFICIALS, PLAINCLOTHESMEN, ETC.
- Multicultural casting