by Don Nigro
Full Length Play, Dramatic Comedy / 8m, 5f
This big, colorful, uproariously funny and ultimately moving play tells the story of the Shakespearean characters who meet at the Boar's Head Tavern in East Cheap. We see the scenes Shakespeare tells us about but leaves out of Henry IV, Parts One and Two; Henry V; and The Merry Wives of Windsor. The language is rich, the characterizations compelling, and the play has a surprisingly powerful resonance of its own. The latest of Nigro's ongoing investigations of Shakespeare and his worlds.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: 16th Century / Elizabethan
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: At the Boar's Head Tavern in Eastcheap, London, the Dolphin Room by the sea-coal fire, with some wooden tables and stools, and a bedroom chamber, with bed. Also, the Fleet Prison.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
SIR JOHN FALSTAFF
GOODWIFE KEECH/BUCKET WOMAN/JANE NIGHTWORK
NED POINS/ ARMLESS MAN
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)