John, who's here from Cambridge
10 Minute Play, Dramatic Comedy / 1m, 1f
Overworked, under-qualified, and broke, Jess takes on another job to make ends meet – as a personal caretaker for a graduate student named John. John has cerebral palsy. John is beautiful. And John is here from Cambridge...
Part of the collection Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 39th Series.
- Winner! 39th Annual Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival
- Mild Adult Themes
- Nudity/Partial Nudity
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
$75 with other plays in collection
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Setting: John's accessible bedroom.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
JOHN - A man in his late 20s/early 30s. Comes from wealth. Has cerebral palsy. Wheelchair. Very mild speech impediment that manifests itself in a kind of halted way of speaking. Otherwise, determinedly polished.
*specific ages do not matter as much, as long as they're both about the same age.