A Wake for David's Fucked Up Face
by Skylar Fox
10 Minute Play, Dramatic Comedy / 2m, 1f
David did something stupid on the way home from prom. Now, Cal’s covered in blood, eating Funyuns in his room, and Cal’s mom doesn’t know what to do with him. Why doesn’t he seem sad? Are live-action role-playing fantasy games really the answer? And where is David’s head?
Part of the collection Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 39th Series.
- Winner! 39th Annual Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
$75 with other plays in collection
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Setting: Non-specific location.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
CAL - He’s 18. He’s Jean’s son.
DAVID - He would be 18, but he’s dead.
- Non-Traditional casting
- Features Teens
These characters speak directly to the audience. They never leave the stage. Light shifts indicate who’s turn it is to narrate. The characters do not hear each other for the most part. When they speak to each other, they speak facing the audience. Remember, the real conversations in the play are between each character and the audience.
David probably wears a tuxedo. No furniture is necessary.