by Jim Knable
Full Length Play, Drama / 2m, 3f
Before she died, James’ and Louise’s eccentric artist mother told them they were Picasso’s illegitimate twins. James now runs from his sadistic sculptress girlfriend and Louise follows him to their mother’s cabin in the woods, where the ghosts of their very different pasts haunt them in the form of memories of love gone wrong, parenting gone crazy, and in the flesh of Mommy’s former student—who is convinced he is the reincarnation of Picasso himself...
Part of the collection, The Imaginary Plays by Jim Knable.
Reviews"Knable has landed somewhere on the map close to Christopher Durang & John Patrick Shanley." - NY Theatre Wire.com
"Knable is an imaginative dramatist with a supple talent for the bizarre." - Variety
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Told in the past and the present, Saltimbanques takes place in various locations.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
LOUISE - (30’s) Sister.
DEBORAH - (30’s) Ex-Girlfriend.
MOMMY - (40-60’s) Crazy artist.
PAUL - (30-40’s) Lost.
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting