The Caine Mutiny Court Martial
by Herman Wouk
Full Length Play, Drama / 19m
"Enormously exciting. It is the modern stage at its best." - New York Daily News
The Pulitzer Prize-winning novel about a court martial has been adapted by the author into suspenseful evening of theatre. A young lieutenant is relieved his captain of command in the midst of a typhoon on the grounds that the captain, Queeg is a psychopath in crisis and commanded the ship and its crew to destruction.
Reviews"Enormously exciting. It is the modern stage at its best." - New York Daily News
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: 1940s / WWII
- Setting: February, 1945. The General Court-Martial Room of the Twelfth Naval District, San Francisco and the banquet room in the Hotel Fairmont, also in San Francisco.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
LT. BARNEY GREENWALD - a lanky lieutenant, his face is stern and abstracted.
LT. COM. JOHN CHALLEE - a well set up lieutenant.
CAPTAIN BLAKELY - a tall, white-haired captain.
LT. COM. PHILIP FRANCIS QUEEG - tanned, natty, erect; the picture of a correct naval officer. He is a short man in his thirties, with scanty hair.
LT. THOMAS KEEFER - a tall, clever-looking officer.
SIGNALMAN THIRD CHLASS JUNIUS URBAN - a little sailor in blues.
LT. (JR. GRADE) WILLIS SEWARD KEITH - a handsome youngster with reddish-blond hair.
CAPT. RANDOLPH SOUTHARD - a dapper, lean officer. Close-cropped head; hard-bitten face.
DR. FORREST LUNDEEN - intelligent, plump man in his fifties; rimless glasses.
DR. BIRD - a good-looking young lieutenant of the intellectual and ascetic type.
SIX MEMBERS OF THE COURT
- All Male
Casting includes 6 non-speaking roles. All characters wear blues, except GREENWALD, who wears a green flier's uniform.