Mom, How Did You Meet The Beatles?
by Adrienne Kennedy, Adam P. Kennedy
Full Length Play, Dramatic Comedy / 1m, 1f
Adrienne Kennedy is thrust into the world of the rich, famous, and talented when she moves to London in the 1960s to work on The Lennon Play: In His Own Write. A true story.
"Brief, odd, and entrancing...Refreshing...We are eavesdropping as a curious son prods his interesting mother to recollect a colorful — in fact glamorous — chapter in her past. " - The New York Times
"Touches on Adriennes’s common theme of individuality under attack...Alows us effortless access into Adrienne’s memory, which has been painted with a loving faithfulness that makes London into newly explored territory... The writing is impressively detailed and echoes with the same poetry of the prosaic that defines Adrienne’s best works" - Talkin' Broadway
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day, 1960s
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: The present.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
ADAM KENNEDY - Throught the play, the Adam character is curious as to events he's heard something about. This is the first time he's heard the story from his mother.
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Could be done with a male voiceover.