Tom is a Virginia Senator and rising star in the Republican Party. When a long-time family friend resurfaces and offers the opportunity of a lifetime, Tom faces a crisis of conviction while his marriage hangs precariously in the balance. The God Game is a play about faith and politics, marriage and friendship, choices and consequences.
Winner! The Ashland New Plays Festival and NEXT ACT! New Play Summit.
"...[In] Suzanne Bradbeer’s invigorating The God Game...the audience can never be sure what’s going to happen next, even in the very last seconds...wonderfully on-target contemporary use of language."
– The New York Times, Read More
"A deeply satisfying, superbly acted exploration of personal values, honesty, integrity and accommodation within relationships, The God Game is the sort of new work that theater fans long to see… The play, by Suzanne Bradbeer, feels very much of the moment, contemporary and relevant in the best ways, and yet it also addresses eternal questions.” – Times-Union, Read More
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A home in the Fan District. Richmond, Virginia. A Saturday morning in August. The present.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
LISA - 40’s. His wife.
MATT - 40’s. Their best friend.
- Ensemble cast
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
The God Game received its world premiere in a co-production between the Gulfshore Playhouse and Capital Repertory Theatre in January of 2014, under the direction of Kristen Coury.