All That He Was...
by Cindy O'Connor, Larry Johnson
Full Length Musical, Dramatic Comedy / 7m, 4f
This winner of the National Playwright’s Award and the ACTF Musical Theatre Award is a moving and surprisingly funny account of one man’s struggle with AIDS.
Reviews"Arches from dysfunctionalism, jealousies and misunderstandings to unsteady truces and well earned unities [...] [It] carries on a bright, serious, witty and inclusive dialogue with anyone who may sit down in front of it." - Los Angeles Times
- Mild Adult Themes
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 1990s
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: The setting is a funeral; outdoors, in a small parklike location. A unit set, with several levels, can represent this and various flashback locations.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: Pop/Rock
- Vocal Demands: Difficult
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Features Teens
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras
Cast size can be reduced to 9 by having the parents double as the teachers.
Music Material Rental Packages
12 Piano/Conductor Scores