Short Musical, Dramatic Comedy / 2m, 1f
A ten-minute musical infused with a 32-bit score, Evelyn Shaffer and the Chance of a Lifetime shows that, sometimes, the greatest quests aren’t in video games, but our own lives.
Evelyn Shaffer, an indie game designer, has landed an interview for her dream job at Moonbeam Studios. Even better, that interview is with her childhood hero, veteran designer Tim Beck. But as the interview progresses, Evelyn realizes just how quickly dream can turn to delusion. A ten-minute musical infused with a 32-bit score, Evelyn Shaffer and the Chance of a Lifetime shows that, sometimes, the greatest quests aren’t in video games, but our own lives.
Published in the Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 40th Series
To license and purchase the sheet music and backing tracks for Evelyn Shaffer and the Chance of a Lifetime, please visit evelynmusical.com
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
$55 per short play individually
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Setting: Moonbeam Studios, a wildly successful video game developer. Present day.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: Pop/Rock, Contemporary Broadway
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
EVELYN SHAFFER - an indie game designer
TIM BECK - the head of Moonbeam Studios
RECEPTIONIST - a disgruntled employee
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Evelyn Shaffer and the Chance of a Lifetime was originally produced as a podcast by Take a Ten Musicals on September 1, 2014.