"Acerbic, funny [...] brilliant stuff. The Moors is first-rate entertainment." - New Haven Review, Read More
"Truly clever and intelligent. You really ought to see this." - The New York Times, Read More
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Mandatory Music/Media Fee: $25 per performance
- Time Period: Victorian (British and American)
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: The 1840s...ish. The bleak moors...of England?
- Additional Features: Play w/ Music
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
HULDEY - F, Younger spinster sister. She has a diary. She wants to be famous.
EMILIE - F, The governess. A romantic with a sweet face.
MARJORY - F, The scullery maid. Down-trodden. Strategic.
THE MASTIFF - M, The dog. He looks fierce and brutal but is a sad philosopher-king.
A MOOR-HEN - F, A small chicken. Practical but easily frightened.
Music Material Rental Packages
All necessary music materials can be found at the back of the acting edition.
Additional full orchestration available in full size version:
Electric Guitar 1
Electric Guitar 2
The Moors premiered at Yale Repertory Theatre in New Haven, CT in February 2016 under the direction of Jackson Gay.