Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 4f
Louie Baxter is an incorrigible troublemaker and Mary Baxter doesn't know where to turn when Louie is expelled from the Sunny Hill Day Care Center for a variety of behavioral offenses, not the least of which is smoking in the bathroom and setting off false fire alarms...
"Hogwash combines uproarous comedy with a sensitive, touching look into the world of Alzheimer's disease....After the raucous comedy of the first three scenes, the last scene creeps into the consciousness. Even as the play ends, it slowly dawns on the audience they have just witnessed something special - perhaps a revelation."
- The Review, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
"HOGWASH! Oreland's Barbara Pease Weber is at it again - finding humor in unlikely places."
- Ticket, Montgomery Newspapers, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: HOGWASH! is set in several different locations which may be easily accomplished by moving certain key pieces of furniture around on the stage in between scenes. The locations include the principal's office of a day care center, an office, a cafe and the home of Mary and Roy Baxter.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
MARY BAXTER - Louie's daughter-in-law.
MRS. HALL - Principal of Sunny Hill (Adult) Day Care Center.
KAREN - Mary's assistant.
ASHLEY MANSFIELD - Senior Vice President, Mansfield Consumer Products Company.
BRADFORD MANSFIELD - Ashley's Grandfather and CEO of Mansfield Consumer Products Company.
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors
There is opportunity for "extras" in the cafe scene. In lieu of "extras", the actress playing Karen can double as a girl at the bar and the actress playing Mrs. Hall can double as a lunch patron.
Louie's character may be portrayed with an optional Irish brogue.