My Old Lady
Full Length Play, Drama / 1m, 2f
A down on his luck middle aged man inherits an apartment in Paris and must live with the elderly woman that has inahbited it for decades. There, he learns friendship, falls in love, and must finally deal with the death of his father.
Revised Edition, 2015
When a down on his luck middle aged man inherits an apartment in Paris, he plans to solve his financial woes by selling it. He arrives on the doorstep and discovers, to his dismay, that the elderly woman living there has lifetime habitation rights under an arcane French law and she is not about to give them up. Because he has no other place to go, she invites him to stay in the spacious apartment. A spiral of friendship, romance with the old lady's outspoken daughter, and some uncomfortable revelations about his unmourned father affect all in this poignant play with strong roles for all three actors.
REVIEWS"This production underlines the play's sadness without diluting the leavening touches of comedy that make it so satisfying." - Wall Street Journal
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: Living room of Mathilde's apartment, overlooking le Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris. Mid-autumn, the present. One week: from Monday morning until the following Sunday morning.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
MATHILDE GIFFARD - 94; French; still beautiful.
CHLOE GIFFARD - 55; French; still beautiful.
- Parts for Senior Actors