Five Stars! "Sympathetic and unsentimental, the play offers a wise, quietly devastating perspective on the stuff we carry and leave behind." - Time Out New York, Read More
"[...] quietly devastating [...] There’s something absurdly endearing about a man who seems unaware of how desperately lonely he is, and who makes disturbing revelations about his life without recognizing the depths of his despair." - Variety, Read More
"Nate's journey, as depicted during this quietly unnerving play, is one that can be unequivocally described as universal. It also preys on some of our deepest fears." - TheaterMania, Read More
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: Multiple locations including Nate Martin's living room.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Ensemble cast
A Life premiered at Playwrights Horizons in New York City in September 2016 under the direction of Anne Kaufman.