"Seniors of the Sahara is a comedy for the whole family." - Montgomery Newspapers
"There are plenty of laughs to be had" - The Review"An imaginative piece." - Chestnut Hill Local
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The beginning of the play is set in a "far off land". The majority of the play is set in Sylvie Goldberg's beachfront condo complex in Margate, New Jersey. There are costuming opportunities for Eugene the genie and for everyone in the "annual b-b-que"
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy, Special Effects
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Fantasy Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
Savalas is the "bad guy" - 30s-50s
Herman/Refik is also of retirement age (unless Refik is played by a different actor in which case he may be a bit younger.)
"Eugene" (Genesis Elijia Nefarious Ivan Ethopia the Twelfth) is a loveable geriatric genie with a bad back and a penchant for vodka and V8.
- Non-Traditional casting
The role of the Master of Ceremonies may be played by a woman in which case the cast would comprise 5 women and two or three men. (The roles of Herman and Refik may be played by the same actor or by two different actors.)