Sundown, Yellow Moon
by Rachel Bonds
Full Length Play, Drama / 4m, 3f
Critic's Pick! "Ms. Bonds and the Bengsons know the redemptive joy of singing your sorrows and finding the rhymes in a world without reason." - The New York Times
Critic's Pick! "Ms. Bonds and the Bengsons know the redemptive joy of singing your sorrows and finding the rhymes in a world without reason." - The New York Times, Read More
"Sundown, Yellow Moon is a softly-glowing night-light of a narrative, a beacon of memory illuminating a forgotten childhood hallway." - Exeunt Magazine, Read More
- Strong Language
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: In the south. In a small college town; late July. The thick of summer. Somewhere very green and very humid, like Tennessee.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Play w/ Music
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
JOEY - (Josephine) Ray’s twin sister, mid 20’s
TOM - their dad, mid-late 50’s
CARVER - Tom’s counselor, early/mid 30’s
TED DRISCOLL - a poet, 40’s
JEAN - a family friend, early 50’s
BOBBY - family friend, mid-late 50’s.
The COLLEGE RADIO STATION'S LATE NIGHT DJ - played by the actor who plays BOBBY
- Multicultural casting
Sundown, Yellow Moon premiered in a co-production between WP Theatre and Ars Nova in New York City in March 2017 under the direction of Anne Kauffman.