"Wonderfully quirky and surprisingly profound." - Chicago Sun Times
"Ethan Lipton is a magic maker who’s mastered the art of intertwining characters [...] They come together or fall apart as naturally as any rival representations from real life. The hilarious anecdotes they share, the love they can’t, their reflexive wariness and unforced kindness – these ring right in 90 credible minutes." - Stage and Cinema Chicago
"Ethan Lipton clearly understands the dark side of warm and fuzzy, masterfully and humorously using bizarre pet stories to get to the heart of his characters’ emotional obliviousness."- The New Yorker
- Strong Language
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The security guard's post in a big, cold building.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
PAUL - early 40s
ESTELLE - early 40s
ANGELA - early 30s
RANDY - mid 40s
- Ensemble cast
Red-Handed Otter premiered with Playwright's Realm in New York City in September 2012 under the direction of Mike Donahue.