Full Length Musical, Drama / 5m, 10f
"Classy and elegant...Highly entertaining and provocative." - Chicago Tribune
"...thoroughly compelling and masterfully entertaining throughout. It's an intelligent, character-driven musical about two innovators motivated as much by their own exacting standards as by the spirit of fierce competition between them." - Hollywood Reporter
"A marvel...It's quite a story, and one well told." - The Wrap
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 1960s, 1950s, 1940s / WWII, 1930s
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The play takes us from the treatment rooms of New York’s celebrated salons into Park Avenue boudoirs, hotels, elegant department stores, the Senate, and the soundstages of that thrilling new art form called television.
The 1930's to the early 1960s.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: Classic Broadway
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Large
- Chorus Size: Large
MISS ELIZABETH ARDEN
MADAME HELENA RUBINSTEIN
FOUR CHARACTER LADIES who portray:
THE SOCIETY DOYENNE
THE GRAND DAME
OTTON CLUB PATRONS
WORLD WAR TWO MACHINISTS
THREE ENSEMBLE MEN who portray:
SENATOR ROYAL COPELAND
WILLIAM S. PALEY
FOUR LEGGY ENSEMBLE LADIES who portray:
WORLD WAR TWO WACS
FIRE AND ICE GIRLS
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
War Paint premiered at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago, IL in June 2016 under the direction of Michael Greif before transferring to Broadway at the Nederlander Theatre in March 2017.
Photography by Joan Marcus