by Craig Bohmler, Marion Adler, Scott Wentworth
Full Length Musical, Drama / 2m, 1f
Is this a hard-boiled detective tale disguised as a lounge act – or the other way around?
Note on Digital Perusal: Samuel French's new digital perusal process grants easy, digital access to music perusals while protecting the intellectual property of our composers, book writers, and lyricists. Samuel French perusals are intended to be used for finding the perfect show to fit your theater, casting pool, and resources. Perusals should be used to get acquainted with the music and script. They cannot be used to hold auditions, produce the show without a license, or find sheet music for a separate performance.
"Musically more sophisticated than City of Angels, Mr. Bohmler's torchy swiveling melodies echo the moody grandeur of the 40's film- noir soundtracks." - The New York Times
- Mild Adult Themes
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Setting: The Red Eye Lounge. It's one of those bars in one of those hotels out by an airport.
Tonight. Pretty late.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: Classic Broadway, Jazz
- Vocal Demands: Easy
- Orchestra Size: Small/Combo
THE PRIVATE EYE
Music Material Rental Packages
4 Piano/Conductor Scores
Gunmetal Blues premiered at the Phoenix Little Theatre in Phoenix, AZ in May 1991 under the direction of Michael Barnard.