by Amiel Gladstone, Veda Hille
Full Length Musical, Drama / 4m, 3f
A lush, passionate, and acclaimed new musical about trying not to fall in love.
When Onegin, a dashing but jaded aristocrat from St. Petersburg, inherits his uncle’s estate in the country, his arrival sets hearts afire and stirs the embers of jealousy. Even the reclusive young Tatyana falls hopelessly under the spell of the aloof Onegin and professes her love for him. Will playing with lonely Russian hearts reap heartbreak or romance?
Photo by David Cooper.
Reviews“If you’ve ever found a night at the theatre to be too much work, too long, too dreary, too predictable – Onegin is the antidote.” - The Globe and Mail
“Onegin is perfection.” - Vancouver Presents
“Madly imaginative.” - Review Vancouver
- Gun Shots
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 19th Century
- Duration: More than 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Additional Features: Audience Participation/Interactive
- Orchestra Size: Small/Combo
- Multicultural casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)