In this dramatic adaptation of her award-winning, bestselling memoir (which The New York Times called "an indelible portrait of loss and grief...a haunting portrait of a four-decade-long marriage), Joan Didion transforms the story of the sudden and unexpected loss of her husband and their only daughter into a stunning and powerful one-woman play.
"The passion lies underneath...this quirky, defiantly literary play...Her writing sounds like an out-of-body experience." - Washington Post, Read More
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- All Female
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors
The Broadway production of The Year of Magical Thinking opened at the Booth Theatre starring Vanessa Redgrave and directed by David Hare.