Full Length Play, Drama / 2m, 2f
"This well written, well constructed drama constitutes pertinent, intelligent, and often witty and suspenseful theatre. It's a measure of it's appeal as theatre that the first act ends not with a whimper but a bang...Tesla's Letters provides a multitude of rewards." - The New York Times
"Is there a more timely play in New York? This well written, well constructed drama constitutes pertinent, intelligent, and often witty and suspenseful theatre. It's a measure of it's appeal as theatre that the first act ends not with a whimper but a bang...Tesla's Letters provides a multitude of rewards." - The New York Times
"Jeffrey Stanley has a nice ironic sense of humor, but it took NATO air strikes to turn it black. In its refusal to take sides or settle for easy analysis, the powerful Tesla's Letters provides a welcome contrast to the high-intensity chatter of CNN et al." - Time Out New York"It perceptively tells the story of a Balkan society so laden with a sense of victimization that it can no longer see its own murderous face ...[Daisy] obtains an intimate knowledge of human evil, a discovery that shatters even the myth of Tesla's peace-loving past...The writing offers historical depth and insight on a subject that defies simplified soundbites and media clichés." - Village Voice
- Gun Shots
- Strong Language
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1990s
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: Office of the Director, Nikola Tesla Museum, Belgrade, Serbia, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. A bus on the highway, the Serbian-Croatian border. A field, Gospic, Croatia.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
BILJANA - 60; Dragan's secretary.
DAISY ARCHER - 27; US graduate student.
ZORAN JELECIC - 24; Croatian entrepreneur.
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors
Tesla's Letters had its World Premiere Off Broadway in 1999 at The Ensemble Studio Theatre.