Stone Soup (Musical)
by Betty Hollinger, Anne K. Glasner
Full Length Musical, Comedy / 5m, 3f, 4boy(s), 4girl(s), 3m or f
Two hungry soldiers stumble on a town filled with disgruntled neighbors. Using their imaginations, the soldiers trick the townsfolk into donating seasonings for their legendary Stone Soup, which they have convinced the townsfolk is a delicacy beyond measure.
- No Special Cautions
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: Not Applicable
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: Houses are brightly colored flats, each with a practical door, each literally pushed on stage by the "family." Mish and Mash usually costumed in turn of the century type "uniforms," also colorful but not repeating red, green, or yellow.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Play w/ Music
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: Easy
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
Casting5m, 3f, 4boy(s), 4girl(s), 3m or f
CORPORAL ALEXANDER MISH
PRIVATE ALEXANDER MASH
PANSY, THE HORSE
- Non-Traditional casting
- Roles for Children
The Storyteller can be male or female. Pansy, the Horse is a two person horse with personality! Adults play adult roles: children play children's roles. Children are typical kids of someplace between 8 or 9 and 13. Boys are rowdy; girls are sassy. All figure out how to make soup! Adults are mostly exasperated but can expand on characterizations.
Music Material Rental Packages
13 Piano/Vocal scores