Hansel and Gretel (Walter)
by Kristin Walter, Michael Walter, Grimm Brothers, Karen Biscopink
Short Musical, Drama / 3m, 4f
"Hansel and Gretel may not be the one the Brothers Grimm envisioned, but it works better as children's theatre." -Off-Off Broadway Review
Reviews"Hansel and Gretel may not be the one the Brothers Grimm envisioned, but it works better as children's theatre." -Off-Off Broadway Review"(The) bluegrass score, filled with energetic fiddling and earnest ballads, also leavens the proceedings. But it never seems out of place. What could be better than country music for a tale of backwoods hope and betrayal." - The New York Times.
- No Special Cautions
- Licensing fees and rental materials quoted upon application.
- Time Period: 1930s
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: Interior of cottage. The forest. Interior and exterior of witch's candy house.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy, Play w/ Music, Stage Combat
- Musical Style: Folk
- Vocal Demands: Moderate
- Orchestra Size: Piano Only
- Non-Traditional casting
- Features Children
- Roles for Children
Music Material Rental Packages
8 Piano/Vocal Scores