Last Chance Romance
by Sam Bobrick
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 4f, 1m or f
Myra Witzer, a strong willed woman in her late thirties, though desperatly in search of love and marriage, changes her mind about commitment after marrying Leonard, an unassuming man in his forties. Now that he's fallen for her, will Leonard be able to convince her that he's her prince charming?
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: TIME: The present.
PLACE: The living room/dining room of Leonard Shank's apartment
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Casting3m, 4f, 1m or f
LEONARD SHANK - A man in his early forties.
MYRA WITZER - A woman in her late thirties.
FLORENCE WITZER - Myra's seventy year-old mother.
UNCLE FRED - Myra's sixty year-old uncle.
GLORIA FOSSBERG - Myra's therapist, in her late thirties or early forties.
NURSE SYLVIA - Leonard's nurse.
WAITER - A man or woman.
HOWARD - A man in his mid-forties.
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Other than Myra and Leonard, all other parts can be doubled up at the director's discretion, played by only two other actors, a man and a woman.