Short Play, Comedy / 1m, 1f
On five Tuesday afternoons during the spring of 1955, a young mobster in prison is visited and counseled by a young church volunteer. Published in New York Stories: Five Plays About Life in New York.
On five Tuesday afternoons during the spring of 1955, a young mobster in prison is visited and counseled by a young church volunteer. Mickey is less than enthused at first. As time passes, these two fight, make up, laugh, learn, change...and fall in love.
Published in New York Stories: Five Plays About Life in New York.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: 1950s
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Waiting room of a Queens County prison, Spring, 1955.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
MICKEY - 20s-30s; a jailbird.
BESS - a young church counsellor; a year or two younger than Mickey.
- Not Applicable
NEXT TUESDAY was originally produced at the Sanford Meisner Theatre in New York City by Silver Lining Productions on April 20, 1988 under the direction of the author. The production stage manager was Linda Key.