Four actors play eighteen characters in eight short scenes that take place in a small mid-western bus station. The scenes vary from comedic to poignant with a story tie-in revealed at the end. Performed in two acts.
"For a real adventure in theatre, hop on board Passengers...[It] is a fresh, idiosyncratic, irreverent comedy set in, of all places, a bus station. In eight sketches, a series of characters meet in the bus station. The encounters weave together a subtle but profound theme...Passengers is a great script. The characters are good and the dialog witty and sharp...Everything about this show is unexpected and unconventional." - Niles Daily Times
"Sam Bobrick, the talented playwright, once again shows his innate ability with this play's sharp wit, dry humor and impeccable comedic timing." - The Tolucan Times
KeywordsAging, Betrayal, Business, Death, Friendship, Illness/Health, Love, Marriage, Memory, Parenting/Family
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
A small mid-western bus station.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Passengers requires only 4 actors, preferably a man and woman in their mid-forties to late fifties and another couple in their mid-late twenties.