Kevin and Jill meet during auditions for a community theatre play. Kevin immediately expresses his dismay about the director's decision to have the actors read a kiss scene, with real kissing required. What starts as a debate between two strangers about the wisdom of the director's demands evolves into a funny and fragile connection as two lonely individuals confront their insecurities about romance, sex, and, of course, kissing.
Reviews"A story about a cute, romantic tryst" - City Edition, Milwaukee.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: A small room down the hall from an auditorium where play auditions are being held.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Non-Traditional casting
Stage Kiss premiered in 1997 at the Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.