Even the Hater
by Albert Johnson
Short Play / 1m, 1boy(s), 1girl(s)
A timeless treatment of the Cain and Abel theme. A Girl, a Youth, and a Man involve themselves and the audience in the age old struggle of man against man, race against race, nation against nation.
Poetic, humorous, and profound, the play builds to a crisis that literally explodes, as the audience becomes surprisingly involved in the conflict. Equally explosive and surprising is the soaring resolution of the play. When the romantic, idealistic Youth lies murdered, the Man leaves to wander in the world until he finds his soul, and the Girl, knowing she will be stoned to death if love cannot triumph over hatred, walks forth to face the enemy.
Can be performed with no scenery, with or without special lighting, and with few or no stage props.
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Casting1m, 1boy(s), 1girl(s)