The Phony Physician
Short Play, Comedy / 5m, 3f
Adapted from Moliere's The Doctor in Spite of Himself. Skelly is the laziest fool in the village. He refuses to cut down trees because they are his only friends. To get even with her layabout husband, Mavis tells a wealthy man that Skelly is the most skilled physician in ten counties. And that to get him to work, Skelly must be beaten with a broom.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $55 per performance
- Time Period: 1920s, 1910s / WWI, 1900-1910, Victorian (British and American), 19th Century
- Duration: 40 minutes
The play can be performed in any period but works best in 1910s America.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Multicultural casting