Short Play, Comedy / 3m, 5f
Rutherford Wolf is a peace-loving, gentle creature who is also a vegetarian. But that doesn't keep various fairy tale characters from raising a panic because of the bad reputation wolves have in stories. This fast-paced farce is a delight for both young and adult audiences.
Rutherford Wolf is a peace-loving, gentle creature who is also a vegetarian. But that doesn't keep various fairy tale characters from raising a panic because of the bad reputation wolves have in stories. As Rutherford keeps stumbling into famous children's tales - Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Pigs, and Peter and the Wolf, he is expected to be fierce and lothesome. All three stories get interwoven and Rutherford is accused of blowing down houses, eating old ladies and it looks like he might be chopped up into little pieces! Lucky for him the mis-informed people of the forest learn the true nature of the beast, and he escapes with his hide! This fast-paced farce is a delight for both young and adult audiences.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $55 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day, New Millennium/21st Century, Medieval (6th-14th c.)
- Duration: 30 minutes
A bare stage with props works best.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Fantasy Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
RED RIDING HOOD
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Expandable casting
- Flexible casting
- Multicultural casting
Parts for as many as 6 men and 9 women. Very flexible casting. Most characters can be played by a male or a female.