The Can of Yams
Short Play, Comedy / 2m, 2f
There's only one thing standing between egotistical painter Alan Plum and the fame he craves... and it's a can of yams! To his sister Delphinia's dismay, Alan has cherished the can of yams since childhood. He has even chosen it as the subject of his unfinished masterpiece. But when gallery owner Heather Lyme announces a visit to Alan’s studio, his insecurities rise to the surface, and an artistic crisis erupts.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: An artist’s studio in rural Pennsylvania. The present or the recent past.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
DELPHINIA - his sister and business manager; practical and sardonic.
HEATHER LYME - a gallery owner; passionate and decisive.
EUCLID - her assistant; slightly fussy but agreeable.
- Not Applicable