by Candice Mays
Short Play, Drama / 3m, 4f
In this charming play written by a high school student, a young girl with Downs Syndrome is on a Christian retreat with a group of friends. While there, she is treated cruelly and ridiculed by a malicious boy who simply does not want to be there.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: Main room of a retrat house, cabin in the woods.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
RYAN - 17, friendly and conscious about other all the time.
TIFFANY - 16, girl, friendly, but judgemental--doesn't give people a chance.
PHILLIP - 16, negative and rude, does not see anything positive in anything except for things he wants to do.
MELANIE - 18, very nice girl, listens and understands everyone, can usually get along with anyone.
DARREN - 17, shy boy, follows a crowd, afraid of being rejected by others, tried to act "cool".
JULIE - 28, leader, adult in charge.
- Features Teens