"The best comic explosion you'll see on Broadway this season." - New York Daily News
"Funny, disarming and engaging." - WINS
"Wonderful wacky comedy." - Associated Press
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: 1980s, 1960s, 1940s / WWII
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: Summer 1940 - then 1958 and 1981. A small roadside cafe in California right near the Nevada border, about 40 miles from Las Vegas.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
LOUISE MURDOCK - A woman in her late twenties
JANET CHESTER - A pretty young woman in her early twenties
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Over the course of the play, the characters age 40 years.
Wally's Cafe opened on Broadway June 12, 1981 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, directed by Fritz Holt.