Santa Comes to The King David
Short Play, Dramatic Comedy / 1m, 3f
“Overwhelmingly loved by our audiences! 4 X'MAS is a perfect balance between powerful, thought provoking drama and light-hearted comedy!” - Nick Charles and Julie Incorvina, Owners, Stage Door Repertory Theatre, Anaheim, CA. Published in 4 X'MAS, a collection of Holiday one-acts.
A distraught woman saves what she thinks is a bridge leaper in a Santa suit, discovering instead a story of unfulfilled dreams, unconditional devotion, a Kris Kringle who makes annual visits to a Jewish nursing home, and the crazy possibility that two broken hearts can indeed make one whole.
Published in 4 X'MAS, a collection of Holiday one-acts.
Reviews“OVERWHELMINGLY LOVED BY OUR AUDIENCES! 4 X'MAS is a perfect balance between powerful, thought provoking drama and light-hearted comedy!” - Nick Charles and Julie Incorvina, Owners, Stage Door Repertory Theatre, Anaheim, CA
KeywordsAging, Childhood, Christianity, Death, Friendship, Illness/Health, Jewish/Yiddish issues, Love, Marriage, Memory, Parenting/Family
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
$75 with other plays in collection
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1970s
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: The center of the Brooklyn Bridge, represented by a bench; The cafeteria of the king David Nursing Home, represented by a red cloth-covered chair and a Charlie Brown Christmas tree covered with strung pocorn, tinsel, garland, and crowned with a hand made Star of David.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy, Special Effects
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Fantasy Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
TIM - middle aged man dressed in a novelty store Santa suit.
MARSHA - middle aged woman in a trench coat and fuzzy slippers.
STELLA - 60s-70s; dressed in a very plain night gown.
NURSE - 20s-50s; in uniform.
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors