This quirky and whimsical one-act comedy opens as Charlene, an eccentric young Southern woman, struggles to “recall” all of the key lime pies that she prepared and sold the day before during a small-town bake sale. As it turns out, the ever-irresponsible Charlene was “borrowing” Tricia (her older sister)’s wedding ring when it fell into one of the pies! The situation is further complicated by the fact that Tricia is due at the altar in less than an hour – and she wants her ring back!
The two squabbling sisters embark on a frantic crusade to track down the various pies one by one – until at last their search leads them to a local hospital room, where an elderly neighbor named Archibald Stokes lies comatose – apparently due to the fact that he swallowed the ring! The girls must find a way to retrieve the ring, escape from the hospital and get Tricia to the church on time!
Published in 5 Easy Pieces: More One-Act Plays.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $55 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Two suggested interior sets, both in a small Southern town in the present: Tricia's apartment and a hospital room.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
TRICIA - Charlene's older sister.
ARCHIBALD STOKES - an elderly man.
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
- Parts for Senior Actors