Three monologues intermingle, each character explains what drove them to murder. One man set fire to his house after finding his wife cheating on him in their bed. A woman (a teacher) gives poison apples to all of her students because she just can’t stand them anymore. Another man, physically abused by his lover, ultimately crushes his head with his boot.
Published in Off Off Broadway Festival Plays, 32nd Series.
- Winner! Samuel French Off Off Broadway Short Play Festival
- Intense Adult Themes
- Strong Language
- Minimum Fee: $55 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
NANCY - early 20s; put together; stoic. She has an apple but guards it from the audience.
DAN - early 20s; quiet; nervous; sweet. He is dressed stylishly and wears a pair of heavy boots. He has a somewhat-healed black eye.
- Ensemble cast