Gloria Bouvier is a Southern housewife and devoted (some might say demented) stage mother of great determination. As the hour draws near for the premiere of the annual elementary school production of The Nutcracker, Gloria tries every ploy she can think of in order to manipulate Jim Clark, a beleaguered schoolteacher (and the play’s director) into giving her daughter a starring role in the production. In the spirit of Light up the Sky and You Can’t Take it With You, this fast-paced, whimsical comedy is filled with eccentric characters, has several great roles for kids, and puts a fun-spirited, quirky spin on the holidays.
Published in 5 Easy Pieces: More One-Act Plays.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: The Bouvier living room on Christmas eve.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
JIM CLARK - a teacher at an elementary school.
BELINDA - Gloria's 10-year-old daughter.
GUS - Gloria's 8-year-old son.
BILLY - Gloria's 12-year-old son.
BOB - Gloria's husband.
ANNIE - teens; the babysitter.
PIZZA BOY - a poor young soul trapped in the middle.
- Ensemble cast
- Features Children
- Features Teens
- Flexible casting
- Roles for Children
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Fun, playful roles for kids and teens.